For more information on the Trump Network - Call J.T. Direct

Cell - 602-810-4537

We Are Spreading "Team Success" Principles Around The World!

Team Success I - Radio Station


Team Success II - Radio Station


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, September 17, 2007

Overcoming Fear - Sue Kent


Fear…anticipation of pain.
Courage…moving forward regardless of fear
Fear is an interesting thing. It can be immobilizing for one person and yet it can be exhilarating for another person. Bottom-line is that fear is based on the past, or the future, or a combination. Usually we are remembering a past similar experience and worried about repeating that pain, or embarking on a future unfamiliar experience and expecting the worst, or we are combining the two. Fear affects the present by limiting us, and yet it is based on the past and the future which are both non-existent. Yesterday, or the previous moment is already gone and history, and tomorrow, or the next moment never actually arrives. In a sense, the fear is all in our own minds. Part of the thrill of sky-diving, or making an investment, or doing something new is breaking through the fear at the on-set. The second part of the thrill is seeing that you not only survived, but often thrived as a result.
We ALL, as human beings experiencing life, have fears and doubts. Whether a person is wealthy, poor, thin, heavy, male, female, single, married we all have fear or doubt at times. The real division is along the lines of SUCCESS. Those people who are successful have developed courage to take ACTION even in the face of FEAR. One of my friends is a successful motocross racer. I ride dirtbikes too, but she is successful with motocross because she took ACTION to jump, to turn on the throttle, and to take a few falls, despite all of her FEAR. All of my own successes can be attributed to overcoming fear also. I enjoy a lot of time freedom and being able to home-school my teen-age daughter because I took ACTION to start a home-business and walk away from my teaching career despite my FEAR .
Taking action is the key to overcoming fear. That’s worth repeating…Taking ACTION is the key to overcoming FEAR. The biggest mistake is just waiting for the fear to disappear and then take action. It’s the action itself that is the answer to the fear. I recently watched a presentation by T. Harv Ecker on this topic. He reminds me that it unnecessary to eliminate our fears in order to succeed. It is only to keep taking action regardless of fear. How is courage developed? It takes practice, practice, practice. Practice taking action even when you have fear, doubts, worry, discomfort, or perceived challenges. The more you do this, the more ABLE you are to do this. I still have fears which arise, but I have learned to be more comfortable with the feeling. The feeling I fondly call my “pee your pants” feeling. Not the bad feeling that arises when you are doing something bad or morally wrong, but the feeling when you are on the edge of something that pushes your level of confidence. I have learned over the past several years that this is where my biggest, and most enjoyable growth and success has come from. Whenever I feel that ‘pee your pants feeling’ I know the reward is on the other side of action and just around the corner.
Sue Kent
www.Forward-Momentum.com
661-435-7835

No comments: